Thread: Glo Bad battery?
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2013, 08:23 AM   #48
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by jusmee View Post
Maybe it's just the battery meter. It is said that the calibration of the battery meter can take a few cycles to "learn" how the battery behaves and become accurate. If you've only had a few charge discharge cycles, maybe it is still learning?
Thanks for that. I really hope you're right. It has had a few cycles already, but then again, those cycles were messed up with the bad kepub.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffR View Post
I wonder if it is possible to tell from the time it takes to charge whether there is a battery problem? I.e. an abnormally long or short charge time might indicate a dud battery, normal charge time but short battery life might mean battery OK but a problem with the device using too much power. I don't know what the normal charge time is though. Mine takes about 2.5 hours from fully drained to fully charged.
Quote:
Originally Posted by voidoid View Post
Same here for my Touch with a good battery.
Thanks GeoffR, I was wondering about charge time. I thought mine was really quick last few times which would indeed point to a bad battery, BUT, thanks to your and Voidoid's time indication maybe it wasn't that quick. I'll have to time it next time, now that I know that 2.5 hours is normal.
Mrs_Often is offline   Reply With Quote