View Single Post
Old 09-12-2012, 04:53 AM   #29
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by montalex View Post
I have upgraded, and there are no new fonts, only more clarity in same fonts, I believe. It looks good, and my Kindle seems a bit faster.
There are no new user selectable fonts, however, the default serif, sans serif and monospaced fonts have all been updated (added kerning pairs, OpenType layout tables etc.) You won't see a change unless you read books with previously unsupported Unicode ranges. E.g. Arabic, Hebrew, Tengwar or Klingon.
Hebrew is now fully supported, while Arabic can only be displayed without vowel signs.

Last edited by Doitsu; 09-12-2012 at 01:49 PM. Reason: Removed incorrect code2000 reference.
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote