View Single Post
Old 05-19-2011, 03:38 PM   #99
Frida Fantastic
SF/F book blogger
Frida Fantastic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frida Fantastic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frida Fantastic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frida Fantastic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frida Fantastic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frida Fantastic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frida Fantastic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frida Fantastic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frida Fantastic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frida Fantastic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frida Fantastic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by maianhvk View Post
yeah, at least I can exclude myself from those who pay extra attention to your 5-star books since I couldn't put up with "100 years of solitude". I think I read it when I was 14 and it was so boring that it made reading to the last page the most painful job I've ever done.
That sounds awful! Did you read it for school? A lot of people I know have very polarized reactions to the book, it's very much a love it or hate it book. Most of the people I know who disliked it had it as required reading for school, which may or not be a factor.

Unfortunately I disliked many books that I had to read for school, even though they were good. I couldn't appreciate Kafka when he was forced on me, but now I do. I think books are better appreciated when you are interested in its content/story, and you could have very different opinions of it after. I remember thinking The Left Hand of Darkness was a bore and I couldn't get past the first 3 chapters. The next time I picked it up, I finished the book in two days and loved every moment of it. Another one of my five star books.
Frida Fantastic is offline   Reply With Quote