View Single Post
Old 08-22-2012, 12:51 PM   #1
dzari
dzari began at the beginning.

Device: iPad 1, Kindle DX Graphite
Newspapers reading: Kindle Touch or DX?

Since 2010 I'm a happy iPad owner.
But my growing Amazon ebook library push me to consider Kindle for serious reading.
I want also read some newspapers, and having a integrated dictionary lockup functionality (I will read also German newspapers to improve my not so good German).

Kindle Touch will be the best for fast tap and translate, but my concern is that the screen will be too small. I'm also used to read on my iPad ebooks (only for reference since the screen have the limitations of any back light LCD screen) and sometimes PDF as well for technical articles and also I think a 6" screen can be too small.

Kindle DX will be the perfect choice, with a screen as big as my iPad, but I think will be slow in the dictionary lokup since the standard interface need to change cursor position scrolling rows and columns and e-ink its not so fast. And DX as I know its not a evolved product, I have read about Amazon ending the product line, so I can never expect a DX Touch.

So the questions are: DX speed navigating a text its really so slow? Or: Touch 6" display its not really a limitation? Can you share your experience?
dzari is offline   Reply With Quote