View Single Post
Old 01-23-2009, 03:33 PM   #27
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valloric View Post
That sounds like a WYSIWYG editor with a side pane code view, and you can only edit the code.

But I get your idea. It sounds nice. It possibly has a few problems... for instance, you're display the same text twice on the screen. Seems more than a bit redundant. And if you make the display or markup view collapsible, you get a WYSIWYG editor again.
Yeah but coding a wyswyg editor is a lot more work, for relatively little benefit. And I would envisage the preview pane being collapsible, not the code pane.

And I would urge you to consider makeing the panes vertical since most ebook readers are vertically oriented and in any case most people prefer to read text in narrow columns
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote