View Single Post
Old 12-17-2011, 08:34 AM   #6
xg4bx
Are you gonna eat that?
xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Nook STG
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjalawyer View Post
The publishing biz is being hauled, kicking and screaming, into the present by the internet. This is nothing new, the music industry went through this transition and the movie industry is going through it. It's all pretty fucking banal at this point.

Unfortunately, the publishers are unwilling to change their business models to reflect new realities, so pricing friction is the result. This will work itself out, but probably only after those that have been in the publishing biz for 10 or more years retire or die. Of course, by the time they work this wrinkle out, we'll all be downloading books directly into our brains from the technosphere, and debating whether or not AIs should be able to vote.
agreed. its just tiresome. somebody just needs to shake them and say "look at the music industry, thats you soon. join the new effing millennium already and figure it out".

thankfully theres plenty of other stuff i can focus my time, energy and $$$ on until these dinosaurs get their act together. if they never do, oh well. its no skin off my ass, i can go my entire life without reading another agency book.
xg4bx is offline   Reply With Quote