View Single Post
Old 11-22-2011, 01:09 PM   #1
Ninjalawyer
Guru
Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Nexus 7 (2013)
Charged Three Times for Book

This is a little frustrating.

On Saturday I tried to buy the book "Hard-Boiled Wonderland and the End of the World" from the Kobo site. The first time through, the site gave me an error and told me the order didn't go through. I updated my credit card info and tried again, and had the the same error come up. Foolishly thinking that maybe the issue was my credit card, I tried to buy via Paypal. Paypal said the order went through, but then when I was redirected back to the Kobo site, I got an error message.

You can probably see where this is going. About 10 minutes later, I got 3 order receipts and today my bank's website is telling me I was charged three times for the order. It's a little bit my fault for trying to order 3 times, but even if I hadn't, I still would have been charged once for a book I never received.

The ordering issue isn't really the frustrating part though. The frustrating part is emailing Kobo customer support Saturday and not getting a response for days on end and not being able to call their tech support phone number. Every time I try to call, I get a half-ring followed by silence.

/sigh
Ninjalawyer is offline   Reply With Quote