View Single Post
Old 01-26-2010, 09:43 AM   #13
banjomike
Addict
banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505,DSlibris,nook Glow & Simple & HD+,Tab S2,Moon+,Kobo Clara
Quote:
Originally Posted by GRiker View Post
The books should be sorted by title. However, there are some sorting features that may not be apparent:
  • Leading stop words (The, A, An ...) are ignored
  • Numbers are translated to words for sort purposes, e.g., '1968' is sorted as 'Nineteen sixty-eight'
Does that explain what you're seeing?

G
"may not be apparent", I can't think why you might think that but yes, it does explain it.

BUT, I've added a screen cap to show what it looks like. In my case it makes the catalog confusing.

Is there a way to turn it off and have a straight alphanumeric sort?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	OddSorting.jpg
Views:	1916
Size:	125.3 KB
ID:	44322