View Single Post
Old 02-06-2009, 10:06 AM   #13
Over
Wizard
Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2", OnePlus 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilac_jive View Post
A few years ago I tried to read the first book, and I couldn't get past the first page. I vaguely remember being dissuaded by too much description.
I like a fluid prose, with action and description in good measure. When a book starts to be overdescriptive and, specially, if the author tries too hard to impress us with their vocabulary and exagerating with the adjectives... That's a major turn off for me.

If I wanted an entire page describing how blue and beautiful is the sky, in the middle of a police chase, I would rather read poetry.
Over is offline   Reply With Quote