View Single Post
Old 02-05-2009, 05:52 PM   #1
Laz116
Guru
Laz116 is a glorious beacon of lightLaz116 is a glorious beacon of lightLaz116 is a glorious beacon of lightLaz116 is a glorious beacon of lightLaz116 is a glorious beacon of lightLaz116 is a glorious beacon of lightLaz116 is a glorious beacon of lightLaz116 is a glorious beacon of lightLaz116 is a glorious beacon of lightLaz116 is a glorious beacon of lightLaz116 is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Sony PRS-700
Royal Assassin... any good as a stand alone book?

So I bought the Farseer trilogy and read part one, which I found quite good.

As I was about to start part two my girlfriend broke my prs500. She actually stepped on it while doing the laundry. Can you imagine the clumsiness? Just because it was placed on the floor on the side of the bed and next to the laundry basket, partly covered by socks and t-shirts, doesn't mean that she shouldn't pay attention to where she puts her foot.

Anyway, after putting on my sad face for about 30 seconds I was given unlimited access to our joint funds, which I immediately used to buy a 505 including the lighted cover (which I love btw).

Trouble is that all the worrying about the spending must have made me think that Assassin's quest was actually part two.

I did wonder early on in the book, that a lot had happened since I left Fitzchivalry, but hey... some authors like to make jumps in time in between sequels.

So my question is: Now that I have read part one and part three, is part two worth reading on its own, or should I move on to something else say Anathem or The Sparrow?

BTW: Despite the nearly intolerable clumsiness of my girlfriend, I did marry her shortly afterwards. Out of pity, naturally. Almost goes without saying.

Last edited by Laz116; 02-05-2009 at 05:57 PM.
Laz116 is offline   Reply With Quote