View Single Post
Old 06-10-2016, 01:40 AM   #2031
Ruskie_it
Fanatic
Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW5, Kindle PW4, Kindle 4 NT
Odd thing: PW2, fw 5.7.4, long time jailbreaked, SS 0.24 latest build, cover mode set.
I have a book I have been reading for some time, SS working fine and related cover showing perfectly when I put kindle to sleep.

No modification to kindle fw or hacks done recently (last one more than a week ago), the only thing that changed is that yesterday evening I sideloaded a few books on the kindle (and I have never even opened any of these, they all show as "new" on the kindle interface).
After this load, SS continued to work, yesterday I read my book and still the cover was showing.

This morning I read some more of the book, put the kindle to sleep and... cover is gone! It shows... nothing, that is when kindle goes in standby the last screen it was showing stays displayed, whether it was a page of my book or the main kindle interface.

Moreover, if I launch KUAL and choose to preview the kindle screensaver, the cover of the book I am reading is properly shown. What can it have happened???

Edit: I tried "Restart framework": no change. Changed to image cycle and restarted: usual niluje's image (correct as I have no other images for screensaver). Changed back to cover mode and restarted: problem solved - and I didn't have to open the book to let SS reprocess the image...

Last edited by Ruskie_it; 06-10-2016 at 03:32 AM.
Ruskie_it is offline   Reply With Quote