View Single Post
Old 06-09-2013, 10:02 AM   #808
MadMooney
MadMooney began at the beginning.

Device: Trekstor Ventos 8 (JB)
Hello all!
So, this is my first post in this forum, really registered only because of this very thread. Forgive me any strange wording, I try my best, but English is not my mother tongue.
Istarted reading ebooks instead of dead trees back in the days of monochrome Palm devices, and while I have gone with the times and switched over to ePubs, there are still 563 (I just checked) eReader PDB files in my library.
I currently mostly use a 1024x768 8" Jellybean tablet, when I don't read on my cellphone (and yes, some built-in sync function would be nice).
But the problem I have is that somewhere in the 3.0.56-x line, PDB support deteriorated to the point that it's not really usable anymore. I just went through a brute force sourceforge download-and-install routine and sent a couple of selected PDBs through cr3:
3.0.56-7 is the last version I could find that can display all but 2 books of my test suite. I know that those PDBs were generated from PML with different versions of Dropbook, so that's surely one factor.
Later versions of cr3 either
- display the letter a in empty lines
- show the source pml (while also correctly formatting it) including the document header, but not showing images
- totally crash (especially with the very PML Reference ebook, found in my library unchanged since 2004, and still in the zip at http://www.memoware.com/?global_op=d...&file_id=16786 )
Fo me, that means reading ePubs with the current market version, but having to go back to the -7 from above for PDBs.
I'd be happy to assist with beta testing on Windows and Android, and can supply some reference files (others, I can't legally).
Buggins? Ideas?
MadMooney is offline   Reply With Quote