Thread: PRS-T1 Sony service is a joke.
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2013, 12:10 PM   #4
Sonylistens
Sony Customer Service Rep
Sonylistens can extract oil from cheeseSonylistens can extract oil from cheeseSonylistens can extract oil from cheeseSonylistens can extract oil from cheeseSonylistens can extract oil from cheeseSonylistens can extract oil from cheeseSonylistens can extract oil from cheeseSonylistens can extract oil from cheeseSonylistens can extract oil from cheese

Device: Sony Reader
Smile Reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by slvrsplsh View Post
Today I tried to get some help from Sony Tech Support. It took me about an hour of searching before I even found the number. I called and got a heavily accented operator named Bryan. He asked me to shut my device down using the Shutdown menu. I explained that my device was in a boot loop and couldn't be shut down. Then he had me try to start it using the reset / power combination;that didn't work either. After doing this thee times (Each after 2 hours of charge time), he finally gave up he told me about my service options. Option 1: take a refurb, Option 2: Take my unit back after repair. Well, he looked up my account and found that my warranty ran out on Dec 27, '12. OK, I asked him about out of warranty options. He told me that if I took the refurb unit, it would be $99. OK I sort of expected that. I asked about repairing mine and sending it back to me. Well, that would b $99,too. I love my PRS-T1, but I'll look for a used device at about $50. I've seen 'em. They are out there, or I just might learn to like my Nook Color as a reader.
Hello slvrsplsh,

My name is Amanda and I work on the Sony Support team. I'm very sorry to see that you are so upset with Sony's customer service. I would love to review your file and make sure it was handled properly. I understand that you are just a few days out of warranty. Please send me an email to sonylistens@am.sony.com and make sure to include contact information, model information and any previous reference numbers you may have. I will review your case and get back in touch with you as soon as possible. I look forward to working with you!

Best regards,
Amanda Jeter
Sony Support USA
Sonylistens is offline   Reply With Quote