View Single Post
Old 03-22-2010, 07:26 PM   #30
gastan
Addict
gastan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gastan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gastan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gastan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gastan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gastan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gastan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gastan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gastan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gastan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gastan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: LePan II, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonas777 View Post
It also allowes disgruntled employees some fun:
http://news.softpedia.com/news/Disgr...m-137854.shtml
Any system that is open to being abused will one day be abused, whether it's by your boss, your politicians, or merely your disgruntled boyfriend/girlfriend. People need to remember that and act accordingly. My response is to try and give them as little as I can and to fight any erosion of individual rights however I can.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kali Yuga View Post
For my part, I see no particular cause for concern. YMMV. But if you're worried about this, I will say you are going to find it harder and harder to deal with an increasingly interconnected world, let alone fill out your census form.
Your reasoning seems to be that there is already a ton of info "out there" so we may as well just give up and let them have the rest. Forget privacy? Forget (for U.S. residents) the 4th and 5th amendments? Forget the 1st amendment? (it won't mean a thing to have "free speech" if people become afraid to use it when everything is stored "in the cloud")

You (and others) see no cause for concern? There are legions of historical examples to prove you wrong. Your attitudes of It Can't Happen Here will serve the next purveyors of dystopia very well. I suspect you were a mere babe in 1984 so welcome to the Brave New World.

Last edited by gastan; 03-22-2010 at 07:33 PM.