View Single Post
Old 10-06-2009, 12:48 PM   #355
Elfwreck
Grand Sorcerer
Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3 (Past: Kobo Mini, PEZ, PRS-505, Clié)
Quote:
Originally Posted by zerospinboson View Post
The books are now for sale (at ridiculous list prices, especially for the virtue of selfishness, which should be more or less free) at FW.
With bonus insanity:

Anthem, $.99, a Fictionwise Classic, multiformat; 19508 words--eReader (PDB) [62 KB].

Anthem, $7.99, Penguin/Dutton adult, Secure eReader/Mobipocket/Microsoft Reader--SECURE MICROSOFT READER FORMAT [529 KB]

I wonder if they'd be willing to answer questions about the differences between the two. When I have a choice between to pbooks in a store, I can tell if one has a nicer layout or better paper or more-recent cover, or an intro by a famous person, or whatever.

Are formatting differences involved, and pictures... or does the DRM really add almost 500kb to the file?

FW doesn't tell you what the difference between the editions is.
Elfwreck is offline   Reply With Quote