View Single Post
Old 10-20-2008, 03:52 PM   #41
bill_mchale
Wizard
bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, HPC Evo 4G LTE
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMcCunney View Post
I think you may well be right, as content providers have been dragged kicking and screaming into Fair Use, and I'm sure most would throw a party to celebrate if it went away.
______
Dennis
I agree with you. In fact, I am quite sure media companies (not necessarily many individual authors) would like to see copyright law revised to establish perpetual copyrights and make all content viewable on some sort of subscription model.

Personally, I find the whole situation a bit silly. Copyright laws long ago extended the requirements that justified their creation (i.e., to encourage the production and publication of creative works). I can't imagine knowing that your grandchildren will continue to obtain royalties for your work is very high on the list of most author's reasons for writing and publishing.

--
Bill
bill_mchale is offline   Reply With Quote