View Single Post
Old 01-31-2012, 12:15 PM   #3
jehane
Book addict
jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-300/T1/Asus TF101
Few on the list are modern writers. A few of my favourite stand-alone writers are:
Guy Gavriel Kay (fantasy), though he's written a trilogy *and* a sequel (sort of)
CS Friedman - famous for a fantasy trilogy but I prefer her SF stand-alones. And there is now a sequel to one of them...

I confess I *like* series, when done well. A properly designed series should read as stories within a single broader story arc. I also like stand-alones or shorter series within a common universe where past characters can intersect.
jehane is offline   Reply With Quote