View Single Post
Old 04-23-2010, 12:00 PM   #5
javajoe96
javajoe96 began at the beginning.

Device: Barnes & Noble Nook, Sony PRS-700
The web browser works a lot better than I thought it would. Is the most enjoyable way of browsing the web, no, but it has displayed every page I have tried quite well. I do wish in the settings there was an orientation change for browser unless I am just not seeing it. I tried out kotaku which has a lot of data and such and it displayed it all but you got to scroll around a lot. This led me to discover that you can zoom pages out and obviously will have smaller text. Just open up the browser guide bar in the top left of the touch screen and click the zoom in button icon and it will bring up the option to zoom in or zoom out so you can fit the whole width of the page on your nook screen. Unfortunately it does make the font quite small but still readable for at least me.

My other complaint of the web browser is the rectangle box they show on the e-ink screen to indicate what is being shown on the touch screen has too thick of a border so I have to keep moving it because it is blocking out lines of text.

Overall, I am really enjoying the web browser.

Also you can now connect to free WiFi networks that use a browser page to login.
javajoe96 is offline   Reply With Quote