Thread: still torn
View Single Post
Old 04-05-2010, 07:45 PM   #5
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Quote:
Originally Posted by GPLarge View Post
I am still torn on what reader to get. I know it is a matter of personal preference but wanted others to chime in. I have it down to a Kindle or Nook. Amazon has had a good jump to refine their product but I find the keyboard a bit distracting.
I don't have a Nook, I own an Amazon and a Sony PRS-505. I really like my Kindle, I actually like it more than the SONY.

One thing SONY had was quick bookmarks and the slightly smaller size made it just a little more portable.

But I really like Amazon's customer support. That is something many people do not eval, but is a must for me, there is nothing worse than terrible customer support.

The keyboard is ugly buttons are small but too spaced, however typing is not bad, it's quite nice when I'm adding notes, typing in URLs or searching book content or the web. At that point it's a real blessing. I had my SONY for 2 yrs and thought I did not need a keyboard. But after using the Kindle for 2mo I couldn't go back.

Book Price, Amazon is still the leader here, on an average you will find books cheaper on Amazon than on most other places, however there will always be the case where one bookstore has a better deal than another. If you where patient enough one could always by books at FW at almost 60-80% off. Those days are over now especially due to the publishers forcing everyone to an Agency Model.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenifer.a View Post
I personally own both a Kindle and the Astak EZ Reader PocketPro.

The Kindle is lightweight and has a sleek design, but there is only one font size that each book provides for you, and you cannot buy or read any other books from other websites.
This is a misconception a lot of people have. Kindle can read books from many web site so long as they do not have DRM. Book stores like ORiely, FeedBooks.com, and Baen all have MOBI format books. In addition one can also read blogs, WIKI and, Web Books via the Kindle Browser.

The one font size is not correct the Kindle supports up to 5 different font sizes.
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote