View Single Post
Old 02-26-2010, 03:30 PM   #7
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alisa View Post
The date of the article is current but the article cites the price of the CDMA chip so it looks like their information is a bit old. Still, I don't see the price going down all that much. The iSuppli breakdown of the iPhone 3GS was $179. Their 3.5" LCD touchscreen was $35 vs. $60 for the e-ink of the Kindle. We're so used to phones being subsidized we forget what they really cost. The Kindle has similar guts and a larger screen so I can't see how they're going to get it significantly cheaper. They could sell at a loss as the wireless carriers do but I'm not seeing where there's enough margin on books to make up for it.
Yeah, that info was first reported in April 2009.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote