View Single Post
Old 02-26-2010, 02:58 PM   #5
dmaul1114
Wizard
dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alisa View Post
The Kindle has similar guts and a larger screen so I can't see how they're going to get it significantly cheaper. They could sell at a loss as the wireless carriers do but I'm not seeing where there's enough margin on books to make up for it.
Yeah, that's the problem. And it's really going to hurt them in the casual reader market. The avid readers will stick with e-ink or similar screens and dedicated readers.

But as much as I like my Kindle, I can't see myself buying another e-ink device once the iPad and other tablets of various sizes etc. are rolling out unless e-ink devices are way cheaper. And it just doesn't seem likely to happen soon as the screen tech is just too pricey for big cuts.
dmaul1114 is offline   Reply With Quote