View Single Post
Old 11-26-2009, 11:54 AM   #8
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsvick View Post
Thanks Beau

So I would need to strip off the drm prior to being able to import it into Calibre? From Bob's reply earlier it sounded as if I'd be able to import it but not be able to modify it (the meta data).

Can someone confirm which way it works?

thanks
No he is incorrect. You can add DRM protected books to calibre. But, as I said, you can't convert them to modify the metadata. Of course, you can edit the metadata that shows in calibre those changes won't be preserved when you "save to disk" or "send to reader". Actually, I think this depends on the format. I think some mobipocket metadata is in the clear so that will work. But, I'm pretty sure this doesn't work with .LRX books or .ePub/PDF books.

You may find info in the manual / FAQ which metadata of which DRMed formats can actually be changed.

BOb

Last edited by pilotbob; 11-26-2009 at 11:58 AM.
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote