View Single Post
Old 09-14-2009, 06:49 AM   #10
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Originally Posted by ficbot View Post
- Your netbook, which will replace the current 'laptop'

A netbook can never replace a laptop. I'd be forced always to use a keyboard and monitor or I won't be able to use it on a regular basis.

I do agree that the distinction between tablet PC's and ebook devices will disappear more and more.

Stand-alone ereaders will always be there. They might get a few more functions, like a calendar and mp3 player, but I doubt much more. But those will be the smaller sized readers.

There is not one device right now (or rather, was one device) that has been given up on because there are new multi-purpose devices. There are still MP3 players that can play MP3's and not much more (maybe an FM radio), even though there are plenty of devices that incorporate a MP3 player already. And you can also still get mobile phones that allow you to call and text and not much more, no cameras, no mp3 players and only a rudimentary calendar.
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote