View Single Post
Old 01-01-2007, 08:08 AM   #1
Moadib
Moadib began at the beginning.

Web pages to Reader?

Having searched the site quite extensively I can't find a specific answer to this, so apologies if I'm asking a question which is covered elsewhere.

I use Google Reader and Google browser-sync to keep up with quite a few news sites, blogs, articles etc. When I see something long I want to spend some time with, I will "star" it in Google Reader to come back to later. I also have a folder on my Firefox toolbar called "later", where I bookmark webpages that I want to read (these are then shared from work PC to home computer via browser-sync).

This works well, and I can catch up wherever I happen to be, but I'm looking for a way to easily dump these longer articles to the Reader. It seems highly possible to have a button on the toolbar which dumps the current webpage to a PDF formatted for the Reader (and ideally saves them somewhere they will be automatically uploaded, or onto an SD ard), but I can't work out how to do it.

I installed primoPDF which allows me to print, but paper size seems wrong (text is clustered into the centre with huge margins).

Could anyone suggest an avenue of investigation for me - how I go about setting something like this up? Is "print to PDF" my best option (it seems so), or other suggestions? I run through articles quite a bit (maybe four or five a day I want to read in detail), so I'm trying to set up a process that is not labour-intensive, and very straightforward to do - sort of "one click" type of affair.

Many thanks
John
Moadib is offline   Reply With Quote