View Single Post
Old 06-02-2009, 05:25 PM   #5
Sonist
Apeist
Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Generic virtual reality story-experiential device
It looks good, but they keep showing the transflective mode, which is backlit and thus would appear more contrasty, than the reflective, ebook mode (in fact, Gizmodo refers to the screen as two-mode, and omits the mention of reflective mode.)

So I'd wait to see a head to head, reflective to reflective comparison with e-Ink, before getting too excited. If it's comparable, I'll cancel my Kindle DX order I just placed (for delivery on the 12th.)

Well, there is also the Apple wild-card in a few days... :-)
Sonist is offline   Reply With Quote