View Single Post
Old 03-02-2009, 08:45 PM   #3
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
I want to upload a new version of the CIA World Fact Book. Nrapollo has one, but it's missing a number of things like a TOC and the national flags. It's also too darn big. It would be better if split into several ebooks.

So I'm extending an invitation to anyone who wants to help. I'll be starting with the flags. If you want to help, pick a section. The following link leads to the index.

https://www.cia.gov/library/publicat...ook/index.html

Thanks.
My 2005 edition is now too old to be useful and really needs an update. So I'm game!

However, you say it's too big, so what would you leave in from the separate sections below (I'd include all the bold parts).
Note that the first 10 Zip files will create a fully-functional version of the Factbook with the sole exception that the links to the PDF-format maps on the Reference Maps page will not work (no great loss for an ebook edition).
  • docs.zip (270.0KB)
  • fields.zip (1.6MB) - may be optional; so as to keep the size down.
  • flags.zip (3.1MB) - should shrink them dow to screen size to save space.
  • geos.zip (3.7MB) - not required, replaceable by print.zip!
  • graphics.zip (91.2KB)
  • maps.zip (4.1MB) - should shrink them dow to screen size to save space.
  • covers.zip (3.8MB) - not required
  • print.zip (2.3MB)
  • refmaps.zip (26.9MB) - not required
  • rankorder.zip (502.0KB)
What's a reference, if you can't use it all at once.
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote