View Single Post
Old 06-07-2017, 10:59 PM   #11
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by sun surfer View Post
I think the pushback against this is not the graphic novel per se but that maybe Lee wouldn't have signed off on such a project..
I didn't get that impression. I got 'they're dumbing down a classic with pitchers!' but maybe that says more about me than anything.

Anywho:
Quote:
...so her estate waited until she died and is now already making cash-grab moves so soon after her death.
And of course that's what they're doing.

But to me, the graphic novel is just another adaptation of her book. Like the movie was. That's less of an insult than publishing Go Set A Watchman or (good Lord!) turning locations around town into tourist attractions.

Having said all that, in the end: too bad. You can't control the world from beyond the grave. They can publish every failed book she has tucked away in a drawer or turn To Kill A Mockingbird into an anime series. In the end, the novel will remain a landmark and really, that's all that can be asked.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote