View Single Post
Old 10-02-2016, 12:37 AM   #19
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Authors with the exact same name are given the exact same id (the authors table has a unique constraint on the authors column). So there is no difference between the two URL schemes.
I don't allow them, I change the name in calibre to something like 'Jonathan Swift @ Punch 1864' and 'Jonathan Swift @ Off the Record blog'.

Quote:
You can of course run the old server if you like. As long as there are no db structural changes (which is very rare) there should be no problems.
That's what I was hoping you'd say

Quote:
But I would be extremely surprised if you will want to. Eventually the new server will gain features like being able to edit metadata/run conversions/etc. from withtin the server, and connect the calibre GUI to a running server, so that you can use the full power of the main calibre insterface to work ona remote server, etc.
When a 'Book' is loaded into a 'served' library it's complete wrt to metadata & conversion etc, the only thing that changes from then on is if & when I add a transcript for video and audio podcasts. Changes to metadata are rare, and I haven't added new columns to those libraries for ages.

The only GUI function I sometimes wish for in the server is Save to Disk.

I also wish I could Mark a book when I add new format to an existing book - sometimes I forget to do it, which means I don't to a Save to Disk (into my mailTo folders). Happened twice last week

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote