View Single Post
Old 07-02-2016, 03:56 PM   #242
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by ntanvinh View Post
Hi tshering. Could you please show me step by step how to replace default font (font displayed on menu and book list) by an Unicode font, Arial for example?
I cannot tell from the top of my head. I think I did it with some firmware version, but cannot exactly remember. One would have to go through this thread and look for it.
One problem with assigning a user font to the menu and the book list is, that on power on only three fonts, which are provided by Kobo, are available to the system. The other fonts become available after opening a book (and depending on the case, you might even have to open the fonts menu).

If your main concern is to display in the library view book titles in languages that are not supported by kobo, all you have to do is to provide a font that supports the characters of that language. The software tries to select automatically a font that is appropriate. But...
(1) this works only after all fonts have become available to the software (you have to open first a book ...), cf. this thread.
(2) the software might not select the ideal font. You can help it to select your font by renaming the font file in order to put it towards the top of the list. Cf. this post, which is about KSM. But there is the same problem, since both the kobo software and KSM use the same framework (Qt). You might note that when I started writing that post, I did not yet understand that the alphabetical position of the font names is of importance.

Last edited by tshering; 07-02-2016 at 04:03 PM.
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote