View Single Post
Old 06-22-2016, 08:56 PM   #12
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapitainDerya View Post
geekmaster, did you extracted image as bmp or png from pdf? I think that this pdf is embedded with monochrome(1 bit) image
I did GIF to upload, but I extracted 32-bit pixels with a screen capture. Perhaps that was distorted by the PDF viewer which anitialiased while resising to fit my screen. The correct approach would be to digitally rip the image from the PDF file directly, not a screen capture, but this computer has no such tools.

In any case, a 1-bit image is all pure black and pure white -- no gray pixels. It makes no sense that the kindle would arbitrarily decide to erase some blocks of pixels that just just happen to be a complete letter without affecting adjacent letters. It would need contour detection to selectively "lasso" and erase letters like that.

It is a puzzle I do not wish to solve right now -- I had a very rough day...

Last edited by geekmaster; 06-22-2016 at 09:00 PM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote