View Single Post
Old 12-31-2008, 06:14 PM   #5
LucidDreams
Tech Reader
LucidDreams knows what time it isLucidDreams knows what time it isLucidDreams knows what time it isLucidDreams knows what time it isLucidDreams knows what time it isLucidDreams knows what time it isLucidDreams knows what time it isLucidDreams knows what time it isLucidDreams knows what time it isLucidDreams knows what time it isLucidDreams knows what time it is

Device: Sony Reader Pocket Edition PRS-350
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liviu_5 View Post
The 700 is very good at displaying pdf files. Fast and supporting reflow for the text pdf's that are made that way, while for the rest horizontal half page reading works nicely with zoom in for pictures, diagrams...
Thanks, it's good to know that the 700 handles PDF's well - so long as they're not too large (A4 - 8.5x11") or full page image PDF's (for the whole book). The reflow might be useful so long as the formating of the text looks good.

But the big question is whether the 505 can handle PDF's as well as the 700. I think the one feature the 505 doesn't have is being able to pan while zoomed in on a PDF. That's useful for looking at larger PDF's (A4 - 8.5x11") but probably not need for book sized PDF's (6x9"). If the 505 can work well enough with PDFs then I can save myself $100 bucks (can get it for $199).
LucidDreams is offline   Reply With Quote