View Single Post
Old 12-05-2008, 07:29 PM   #209
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
I have seen a few answers, such as the ones FizzyWater references, where the answer is so obtuse that for even a topic where I know the answer, I cannot understand the response. It is often hard when you have responded to the same question many times beforew to remember when you asked the same type of questions and were so happy to get a response that opened your eyes rather than a flip retort or a reply that was more confusing than the original situation that caused you to post the question.

This is why some questions seem to be just lingering there unanswered for a while. Many of the moderators try to hold back a bit to let other members answer the questions rather than jump on every question they see. This gives others a chance and allows dialogue to develop. Sometimes when a mod posts an answer, all discussion stops. As many forum readers have already observed, all moderators do not agree all of the time. Discussion is sometimes required to fully identify the true problem or to fine-tune a response. There are often several correct responses to questions and discussion allows the original poster (and readers) a chance to see multiple approaches to the problem. Sometimes though, questions have only one correct answer.

So if a response seems unclear, flip, or cryptic; ask for more details. Even the best of us sometimes have an off day, a blind spot, or post what we think is a complete answer only to have the browser clip a line or two.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote