View Single Post
Old 09-02-2014, 08:50 PM   #748
Hoods7070
Groupie
Hoods7070 can name that song in three notesHoods7070 can name that song in three notesHoods7070 can name that song in three notesHoods7070 can name that song in three notesHoods7070 can name that song in three notesHoods7070 can name that song in three notesHoods7070 can name that song in three notesHoods7070 can name that song in three notesHoods7070 can name that song in three notesHoods7070 can name that song in three notesHoods7070 can name that song in three notes

Device: Nexus 7"
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMee View Post
Can I ask, why you are swapping FN,LN around so much? There may be an easier way to achieve what you're after
You can. The answer is because my workflow is to insert the book title and author into a jacket. Books come with varying FN/LNs. So before I add a jacket, the author name is put into FN/LN if necessary. After the jacket has been added, I revert the author name to LN/FN - the order I prefer on my HDD.

At the moment, because I am replacing hundreds of lost tags/comments, my database, as represented in the Calibre booklist columns, has predominantly LN/FN. Although the jacket data are still IN my books, they have vanished from my book list. This means I am having to replace them in the booklist. To ensure uniformity, I am also replacing the jackets. I did ask the question in a separate thread and it seemed there was no way to automate this process. Any suggestions would be gratefully received.
Hoods7070 is offline   Reply With Quote