View Single Post
Old 09-02-2014, 08:42 AM   #743
Hoods7070
Groupie
Hoods7070 can name that song in three notesHoods7070 can name that song in three notesHoods7070 can name that song in three notesHoods7070 can name that song in three notesHoods7070 can name that song in three notesHoods7070 can name that song in three notesHoods7070 can name that song in three notesHoods7070 can name that song in three notesHoods7070 can name that song in three notesHoods7070 can name that song in three notesHoods7070 can name that song in three notes

Device: Nexus 7"
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Possibilities:
Your DB has grown
The book has lots of tags, authors?
Your HD is Fragmented
Your A/V is overly aggressive

A name (order) change means the file move (IIRC Calibre does not do a simple rename, but copies, then deletes the old)
Lots of other DB action if there are mucho tags
Thanks Ducks - none of the above, unfortunately. DB is a few books weightier, no more. Only one tag per book. I maintain a very tight ship here in terms of defrags etc., and after being frustrated by slower Calibre generally with my slower laptop I have done everything suggested in the general Calibre thread. Swap FN/LN used to be lightning fast and therefore more than useful and used continually by me.

Example, today I modified 100 epubs with Modify epub, and timed it as it uses the same temp location procedure, and it did the job in a couple of minutes - no problem at all with that speed. To exchange Author FN/Last Name on the same books took 7.5 minutes. Unacceptably slow, especially as I change them back again after the modify epub. As I said to Grant I've been doing that forever and it has never been less than very quick.

There's definitely a problem with the plugin, as far as I can ascertain, in that, amongst other things, the dropdown menu remains dropped down - it used to go away once clicked as it does for all other Checks. My entire system gets sluggish while the process is working. It's not too bad with 3-5 books, so I've been doing that.
Hoods7070 is offline   Reply With Quote