View Single Post
Old 09-01-2014, 10:19 PM   #741
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoods7070 View Post
Hi Grant - this is my favourite plugin (almost). I use Swap Author FN/LN ALL the time, because I insert jackets (with Modify epub) with one order and reverse it for the booklist. I have no idea if this is the most used item in Quality Check for other people, but I'd like to request a separate plugin, if that's not a whole lot of work??? It'd be great to be able to just hit one button ...

While on the subject, I am now working on a laptop, and doing a major overhaul of my libraries. For some obscure reason that escapes me completely after EXTENSIVE tweaking, uninstalling/reinstalling, FN/LN no longer snaps to it the way it used to. If I am using the plugin on more than 4-5 books at a time it takes a very long time to execute. I have uninstalled and reinstalled a coupled of times, as I said. Any suggestions or solutions? Thanks.

FYI My system is i7, 1.8 GHz, W7 x64, 4GB RAM
Possibilities:
Your DB has grown
The book has lots of tags, authors?
Your HD is Fragmented
Your A/V is overly aggressive

A name (order) change means the file move (IIRC Calibre does not do a simple rename, but copies, then deletes the old)
Lots of other DB action if there are mucho tags
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote