View Single Post
Old 08-03-2014, 05:44 PM   #34
Xanthe
Plan B Is Now In Force
Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aluratek,Sony 350/T1,Pandigital,eBM 911,Nook HD/HD+,Fire HDX 7/8.9,PW2
Sony has always had great new tech. It was always better constructed and logically designed. Where they have always failed is with the follow-up when other entities start to enter the same marketplace to compete with them

I have always wondered if it was hubris on Sony's upper management part, sort of a "We have the best product" mentality that never allowed them to see that their products have to evolve to include better tech designed by others.

The walled Sony Store never made any sense. The prices were always higher than other ebook sites so there was no incentive for me to purchase my books there.

Too bad that they are giving up (once again) on the consumer market. They did that in the past, IIRC, for a while after their introduction of their first ereader. I still use both of my Sonys (silver 350 & red T1) and I take visceral pleasure in their design, as opposed to my other ereaders, which are functional but not beautiful.

Maybe they'll be back again someday....
Xanthe is offline   Reply With Quote