View Single Post
Old 03-24-2014, 04:57 PM   #30
taosaur
intelligent posterior
taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, Samsung S8, Lenovo Tab 3 Pro
I'm looking at cases now and am probably going with this simple hardshell. This article on The Wirecutter was informative. The Sparin case seems identical to their pick, minus the branding on the inside cover. These cases are lighter and IMO better looking than the official cases.

I was hoping to find a flip-cover that could serve as a stand, but there aren't many options. This iGadgitz case seems like the best, but it looks bulky and over-engineered. Something identical to those hardshells but hinged at the top would work fine. A lot of my reading with my PW2 so far has been using a large binder clip as an improvised stand.

I'm just looking for minimal screen protection and a few more ways to hold (or not hold) the thing. I might just modify the Sparin case with a picture-frame-style kickstand. I had a Nook Color case with one of those, and it worked well as both a stand and a handle.
taosaur is offline   Reply With Quote