View Single Post
Old 02-18-2014, 09:14 PM   #26
VictoriaP
Addict
VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2; Kindle Touch; Kindle 2; iPad Mini; iPad1
Quote:
Originally Posted by OakIris View Post
Well, you can always do what I plan to do. I will probably be getting a Paperwhite this year. I love my Kindle3 Oberon Design cover, too, and I don't think there is anything else out there quite like it except for the new Oberon covers - which I cannot afford, either. So, I am going to modify my Oberon cover to fit the Paperwhite.

I can't imagine it will be that difficult, just sew in some leather loops (facilitated by the use of a leather punch and waxed thread,) or even a mix of leather and elastic loops. These loops, placed at the corners, will hold the Paperwhite securely in the cover, your eReader will be nicely protected and you get continue to use your beautiful Oberon cover!

Works for me!

Holly
Holly--others have used industrial strength Velcro on both the case and back of the device in place of going to the effort of stitching in new loops. That might be a quicker, easier option.

That said, the size difference is pretty dramatic. When you get your PW2, you'll see what I mean. It's so much more compact, it fits better into smaller purses and even into large pockets, places that the K3 never would. You lose that size advantage if you stay with the larger case.

I gave my K2 Oberon to a K2 user, and just have an actual Oberon journal as a travel journal instead--picked up secondhand but unused on eBay for a lot less than new. (You could easily convert the K3 case to hold a notepad or bound notebook...) Having a smaller, lighter PW case this time around has been lovely!
VictoriaP is offline   Reply With Quote