View Single Post
Old 12-31-2013, 02:02 PM   #414
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACGAuthor View Post
Regarding things like templates and plugboards I sort of have a mental block where this kind of stuff is concerned. I can't seem to teach myself just by reading about it--it just all seems like so much gibberish--but if someone breaks it down and explains it to me, with examples, I can usually figure out how to monkey-see-monkey-do the simpler stuff. So your little explanation about what the numbers and symbols meant helped a lot.
Thanks!! I try to be user-friendly, and explain + give the TL;DR if possible, but it is difficult to know when I have succeeded (since I, of course, understood it all perfectly. ).
Quote:
If you ever do figure out a more streamlined way to add a specific tag based on the array of various tags each different book might have, (like one overall tag for SFF/UF/PNR when the tags the books might come with are scifi, sci-fi, science fiction, fantasy, urban, urban fantasy, vampires, werewolves, magic, paranormal, etc etc etc) I would be very interested in that. It won't help categorize books that come with no tags or only very vague and general ones, but it would help.
I can probably do this, but not for a few days, when I get off Winter Break. I'll get back to you on that.

Quote:
Thanks again for everything. This was fun!
Ahh, a man after my own heart!!
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote