View Single Post
Old 12-31-2013, 12:11 PM   #412
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACGAuthor View Post
LOL ah okay. I didn't realize there was a way to have multiple actual databases. Time to see what I can do!

ETA: Okay, now that I have had a chance to plug them it, it looks like they are working, so yay! I didn't screw it up!

Question: with {series_index:0>5.2f}, what would I change to have only one decimal place instead of two? I've never had a series numbered 1.11, 1.12, 1.13 and so forth. If I ever do, clearly now I have the code for it, but since I don't... according to your explanation about how the code works above, would I change it to {series_index:0>4.1f}?

Okay, yep! That worked. And having experimented with a bunch of other configurations, it looks like that is as close as we can get to suppressing leading or trailing zeroes when they're unnecessary without compromising on the sequential ordering.
Yep, you got it!

And no need to apologize for less obvious features not being more obvious, it takes us all a little experience (and perhaps a lot of help) to get used to all the things you can do! I mean, there are so many of them, where do you start learning? (Or so I thought in the beginning. Now I'm a pro. I think. )

Last edited by eschwartz; 12-31-2013 at 12:14 PM.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote