View Single Post
Old 12-30-2013, 08:38 PM   #411
ACGAuthor
Enthusiast
ACGAuthor began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post
Don't do this, please. It would be easier to just have a special library. Only virtual libraries (read: virtual=not really) share plugboards, since it is all in the same database.

Different databases have different plugboards. Virtual libraries share the same database, so they use the same plugboards; They are just glorified searches, really.
LOL ah okay. I didn't realize there was a way to have multiple actual databases. Time to see what I can do!

ETA: Okay, now that I have had a chance to plug them it, it looks like they are working, so yay! I didn't screw it up!

Question: with {series_index:0>5.2f}, what would I change to have only one decimal place instead of two? I've never had a series numbered 1.11, 1.12, 1.13 and so forth. If I ever do, clearly now I have the code for it, but since I don't... according to your explanation about how the code works above, would I change it to {series_index:0>4.1f}?

Okay, yep! That worked. And having experimented with a bunch of other configurations, it looks like that is as close as we can get to suppressing leading or trailing zeroes when they're unnecessary without compromising on the sequential ordering.

Last edited by ACGAuthor; 12-30-2013 at 09:45 PM.
ACGAuthor is offline   Reply With Quote