View Single Post
Old 12-30-2013, 02:29 PM   #407
ACGAuthor
Enthusiast
ACGAuthor began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post
You make an excellent point about single-letter words, this actually gives me a new direction to think in. I'll get back to you. Meanwhile,...
Thank you! I am clueless about the coding, but I do like hunting down the problems for other people who know more than me to solve

Quote:
4 & 5 I really think the best way to deal with it is to change the actual series name, you can do this really fast in the tag editor to the left. Right-click on any series name and choose "rename", it will change for all books with that metadata field.
Okay, doable. I think I was hoping there was a way to have my anal-retentive cake and eat it too, with regard to having the book series technically "correct" in Calibre, but having it abbreviated to something prettier and/or more informative on the device.

<snip>

So: Use {series_index:0>3s} for series' into the hundreds, and {series_index:0>5.2f} for series' into the tens with short stories in between. If you wish to do both, use {series_index:0>6.2f} which will make all series' show as 001.00 and onward.[/QUOTE]

I can't imagine where I would need a situation where 001.00 would be necessary.

To use different templates for different series, would the best way to go about this be to store the different series (say, the one with 190 titles) in a separate virtual library, and apply {series_index:0>3s} to that library, and then use {series_index:0>5.2f} in a different virtual library for all the others?
ACGAuthor is offline   Reply With Quote