View Single Post
Old 10-07-2008, 09:06 AM   #15
bbusybookworm
Tech Junkie
bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: iPad, MotoXStyle, OnePlusOne
Quote:
Originally Posted by bill_mchale View Post
I guess the important question regarding book creation software is regarding what purpose it is used for. If you are writing new books to be published (independently I would presume) then I think $30 is reasonable; I know everyone loves free software, but fictionwise does have to pay for all the development costs.

If the process is converting books to eReader format, I know Stanza can do it. I wouldn't be surprised if some of the other tools can do it too.

--
Bill
I believe the reason people complain is because Mobipocket has made theri very powerful Creator available for free to all. That means that people who may not want to convert books for sale, but do have long documents they want to convert have a easy WYSWYG converter.

As for fictionwise paying for development cost, they could always put it under promotion of format and be done with it

Seriously, having a creator freely and easily available is necessary if you want to drive adaption of the format. Charge for a more advanced version which you have to use if you want to publish books from the site, but have a free version available.

In my own case, I've been curious about eReader but without a easy tool to convert, I've ignored it as with Mobi I can play around and try out what works for me and my personal files.

As for other tools being available, yes they are there but my and a lot of peoples question is why should I bother if the company that owns the format is not interested in convincing me to use it.
bbusybookworm is offline   Reply With Quote