View Single Post
Old 08-29-2013, 12:34 PM   #26
BenG
Home Guard
BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3G, iPhone 6
I've been on vacation at Cape Hatteras and so missed most of the discussion, but reading older SF is always a chancy business if you care about technical accuracy especially the technology that the story isn't focused on. The cellphone thing is a complete non-issue with me.
It's been a while but it's the scenes in the past that stand out most vividly so you may be right about the future scenes being somewhat lacking.

I enjoyed the next book, To Say Nothing of the Dog, more than The Doomsday Book. It has mostly new characters and a completely different tone - it's light comedy rather than this book's doom and gloom.
BenG is offline   Reply With Quote