View Single Post
Old 08-20-2013, 09:29 PM   #537
MarciaCat
Cat Lady & Trekkie
MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra, Kobo Aura & Aura H20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mookie View Post
I'm coming rather late to this party, but here is my 2 cents (and worth every penny).

I have owned many readers from original Irex models, Sony, Kindle, B&N and others.

I was very excited at the prospect of a relatively hi-res eink screen and smooth back lighting. So I was an early adopter of the Kobo Aura and received mine in late April.

The display and size were fantastic, font capabilities (while secondary for me) were excellent. To date I had never had such a crisp and evenly lighted screen for my ebook needs. I loved the technology.

Unfortunately I found all the social networking features and the menu system not to my liking. Also the Kobobooks Website was painful to navigate and had few customization capabilities.

Also, when using Calibre sideloaded ebooks kept falling out of the Aura collections.

So I had a GREAT ereader with a weak infrastructure. I tried to overlook the latter for almost 4 months. But eventually the arcology wore me down. I sold it last week.

This was my experience. YMMV.
To me! I'm counting down to it's arrival Thursday I can't wait to get my hands on it and explore the differences between it and my Sony T1.

Since the Aura's release I've been a regular lurker here, soaking up info on it in the hopes that one day I'd get my hands on one locally (at full price I wanted to be able to try it in person first) which I've seen no sign of yet in San Diego. Also the stories of how difficult it was for folks to communicate with Kobo regarding their orders made me hesitant to order from them.

I've skimmed through the Aura User's Guide already, can't hardly wait for it to arrive.

Also hoping to get a nice coupon code from Kobo's latest contest for a pricey new book I've got my eye on; 3 e-mail addresses and the best was only 20%, Dan it!

Last edited by MarciaCat; 08-20-2013 at 09:35 PM.
MarciaCat is offline   Reply With Quote