View Single Post
Old 08-14-2013, 04:07 PM   #15
jgaiser
Omnivorous
jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle Fire HD, Kindle 3, KPW1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Difflugia View Post
TThe other important distinction is that with the Post Office, I have the option of either sending a postcard or spending slightly more money and sending a sealed letter. This is on a per-message basis and requires that I do no more setup than buying an envelope (which the Post Office will sell me if I'm even that shortsighted). Google doesn't offer me that option.
And neither does the Postal Service. They just send whatever you give them. If you want security, you go out and buy envelopes. If you don't, every mail sorter along the way can read your postcard. It's your responsibility, not the Post Office.

If you want security with *any* email service, you must make the effort to make it secure. GMail is just another online mail service and by it's nature email is text based protocol. There is no and there should be no expectation of privacy.
jgaiser is offline   Reply With Quote