View Single Post
Old 08-14-2013, 10:07 AM   #6
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barcey View Post
When you start talking Android and the requirement to have a Gmail account before you can use the store, that is a subtlety which is lost on most consumers. If you don't like it are you supposed to buy another phone? Is that reasonable? I know that you only need the Gmail account to access the store and you can use another email provider for your mail but do they really expect my Aunt Sally to understand that.
You don't really need a Gmail account, you just need a Google account and even then, you can opt not to make use of the email services. You could continue using Yahoo, Hotmail, POP3 or whatever the heck you were using before.

Unlike Apple, there are alternative app stores for Android (1Mobile, etc) so that's certainly one route you can take. It just happens to be easier for most folks to use the Google Play store. Heck, I've got an Android tablet that has its wi-fi permanently disabled. No Google account (or any account) linked to it and apps and content are added via sideloading.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote