View Single Post
Old 08-14-2013, 08:51 AM   #3
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barcey View Post
It's a reasonable positions to take when you're talking about Gmail as a traditional web mail service. "It's free what did you expect. If you don't like it use something else."

When you start talking Android and the requirement to have a Gmail account before you can use the store, that is a subtlety which is lost on most consumers. If you don't like it are you supposed to buy another phone? Is that reasonable? I know that you only need the Gmail account to access the store and you can use another email provider for your mail but do they really expect my Aunt Sally to understand that.

I disagree with the statement that this isn't news. I'm sure it's news to a lot of people.
I agree. I mean technically the Government (or rather the post office) can scan packages or open mail under certain conditions I imagine, but generally they don't. And most of us probably see email as just an extension of snail mail which happens to be quicker than snail mail is. And what is the point of having 'secure servers' on which email is sent if that privacy isn't going to exist?
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote