View Single Post
Old 08-08-2013, 10:04 AM   #2241
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles K-2, K-KB, PW 1 & 2, Voyage, Fire 2, 5 & HD 8, Surface 3, iPad
Cool Some replys & some more Dresden Files Snippits (from Blood Rites)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedpeer View Post
I'm just trying to figure out when to start the re-read of the series so that I'm ready to start Skin Games the day it comes out. Hmmm. A book every 1.5 days. 14 books. 3 weeks to read them all...
I had originally planned to begin my re-read on September first, but as time progressed I noticed that my book consumption rate was slowing (I'd been reading a thread about 'reader's block) and I panicked and started my Dresden re-read a month early. But guess what? My book consumption rate recovered immediately upon beginning the re-read!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaKing View Post
That is kinda much!
You had to have been there!

Snippits (from Blood Rites):
Quote:
“Oh, what would you like on your vegetarian pizza?”

“Dead pigs and cows,” I said.

--------------------------------------------------------------

“Just hold still,” I said. “Don’t try to move until we know where she is.”

“That’ll get her,” Thomas panted. “The old sitting-duck ploy.”

“Give me your gun,” I said.

“Why?”

“So that the next time you start talking I can shoot your wise ass.”

--------------------------------------------------------------

I couldn’t take it anymore. “Hey, people. Chat time is over. The girl’s about to pass out on her feet. Thomas is dying. So both of you shut your mouth and help them.”

Raith whipped his head around to stare daggers at me. His voice was cold enough to merit the use of a Kelvin scale. “I do not respond well to demands.”

I ground my teeth and said, “Both of you shut your mouth and help them. Please.”

And they say I can’t be diplomatic.
alansplace is offline   Reply With Quote