View Single Post
Old 07-21-2013, 06:45 PM   #10
Tex2002ans
Wizard
Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morganucopia View Post
Tex2002ans: Yipee! Thanks for the hard work you put into doing up that sample epub for me. Much appreciated. By any chance, what was the title and author of the TOR book? I wouldn't mind seeing the original to see how the story text was treated before and after the blog post.
The name of the book is "Inside Straight" edited by George R. R. Martin:

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/insi...=9781429925495

Nothing fancy happens before/after (plus you could always adjust the CSS to make it however you want). Use the CSS in my post/example and build upon it! See attached images for the Before/After in the actual book.

For example, here is CSS for a gray box that I use, which looks great in color, and works GREAT on e-ink (original Nook):

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...25&postcount=9

All of the relevant CSS + sample pictures are given in my last two posts though.

If you are still interested in seeing it in actual action, I have a WIP EPUB of that gray box in the linked post. That gray box was from the Quarterly Journal of Austrian Economics EPUBs that I am working on. Currently, they are all available as PDFs (I had the EPUBs generated from InDesign). It is a long-term backburner project that I am slowly chipping away at.

Everything I do for work is not copyrighted (actually, it is a CC-BY 3.0 that is as close to Public Domain as possible, and my employer will never enforce the copyrights, and everything is free to distribute/share/whatever). So feel free to ask away, I will share everything with anyone who is interested.

All the EPUBs I work on are pretty much non-fiction economics/history works, so the gray box is about as fancy as I get (the goal is to make it work on as many devices as possible, not trying to design EPUBs specifically for one device/reader).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	BeforePost.png
Views:	388
Size:	53.3 KB
ID:	108443   Click image for larger version

Name:	AfterPost.png
Views:	396
Size:	53.3 KB
ID:	108444  

Last edited by Tex2002ans; 07-21-2013 at 07:14 PM.
Tex2002ans is offline   Reply With Quote